Greeting Cards are one of the best gestures to express your thoughts and feelings. They are also a great way to keep in touch with your clients and many business houses send greeting cards be it seasonal or otherwise to their clients. It is a good idea to send environment friendly cards on such occasions. Here are a few tips by which you can create environment friendly cards and show that you care for the environment.
- Use Recycled Paper – Paper is made from tree pulp and using recycled paper is one of the best ways to save trees. Recycled paper is easily available in the market these days. You can ask your printer to use only recycled paper for your greeting cards. One ton of recycled paper can save 17 trees from being felled.
- Eco-Friendly Ink – Printing involves the use of ink which is made of harmful chemicals. There are however eco-friendly inks that are available in the market these days. Insist your printing service provider to use these kinds of ink for your greeting card.
- Spread Awareness – You can also spread awareness about paper recycling through your greeting card. Request the recipients to send the greeting cards and all type of paper they use for recycling. This will help in reducing the felling of trees by a small but significant number. You can also use a graphic on the card to spread the awareness.
- Hand Made Paper – You can also opt for handmade paper for your greeting cards instead of the factory produced ones. These papers are prepared in a eco-friendly manner although they are a shade expensive than the machine made ones. They do not use harmful dyes and chemicals like used in a factory.
- Keep It Small – One of the best ways to create an environment friendly greeting card is to reduce the use of paper as much as possible. Keep the card as small as possible as in bulk printing it will save a lot of paper. Using less paper and reducing paper wastage is as good printing a eco-friendly card.
Hire the services of a printer who uses eco-friendly ink for printing.
About the Author:
Shawn is an expert in topics related to Printing & Graphics. He is the VP of marketing for http://www.PrintPapa.com, a Printing & Graphics Firm, located in Santa Clara, CA, USA. PrintPapa’s experitse is in printing short runs of 50 to longer runs of thousands of sheets. So from Flyers to Brochures to Booklets we do it all. Order a FREE sample kit by going to http://printpapa.com/samplekit to checkout the paper and also the printing quality.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Shawn_Nag
Twice a week newsletter on MLM thru articles, pics, and video and other info here